Whether you want to strengthen your foundation and corporate giving program or secure government funding for impactful projects, we’ve got your back. Our team has raised hundreds of millions of dollars to address community issues, form coalitions, launch initiatives, and advance missions. We assist with all phases of grant writing, from prospecting to concept design and through the entire writing and submission process.
We discover new corporate, foundation, and government prospects and develop winning proposal strategies. Using industry search tools, we find potential funders for your programs, projects, and capital requirements. We align your priorities with the interests, location, and history of potential funders. We offer strategies for relationship-building, concept development, writing, and solicitation. You’ll receive a 12-month prospect calendar, a lead list, and a project management tool to streamline the grant writing process.
Concept and Case Design
Winning a grant requires more than a great program—it’s about demonstrating the merit of your project and convincing funders that their investment is worthwhile. Building donor relationships also increases your chances of success.
Each grant request needs a tailored strategy that aligns with the grantor’s interests, clearly showcases impact, and conveys the value of your work. Our design phase involves bringing your team together to develop concepts, strategies, and program designs. Through discovery, we learn about your programs and culture, enabling us to effectively communicate your work. With over 75 years of combined grant-writing experience, we know how to make your grant application stand out and tailor it to different purposes and funders.
Foundation & Corporate Grant Writing
Looking to supercharge your annual fundraising or capital campaign with foundation and corporate gifts? We’re here to help. Whether you need proposal writing or full management of your grant program, we’ve got you covered. We handle everything from finding prospects to designing concepts, writing proposals, getting approvals, and submitting applications. Plus, we work with your team to develop long-term relationships with funders for ongoing support. And when you sign a 12-month contract with Raise the Bar, you’ll get annual prospecting and submission calendars at no extra cost
Government Grant Writing
Need funding for a new initiative, program expansion, or capital project from government sources? We’ve got you covered.
Raise the Bar has secured over $100 million in government grants. We guide you from start to finish, developing strategy, design, and concepts. We create timelines, manage submissions, and ensure your project is positioned for success. We consider competition, demographics, DEIA efforts, capacity, and strengths, quickly mastering subject matter through in-depth research.
We work with you to set SMART goals, logic models, and strong evaluation components. Our team ensures your grant strategy aligns with the grantor’s priorities, showcases impact, and meets their expectations. With a track record of results and expertise across industries, we can write industry-specific grants for you.
We have successfully funded projects through federal, state and local government sources. Here are some sample of those federal sources we’ve worked with:
U.S. Department of Energy
U.S. Department of Health & Human Services
- Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Agency (SAMHSA)
- Center for Mental Health Services (CMHS)
- Center for Substance Abuse Treatment (CSAT)
- Center for Substance Abuse Prevention (CSAP)
- Runaway & Homeless Youth Program
- Administration for Children & Families (ACF)
- Center for Faith Based & Neighborhood Partnerships
- Center for Disease Control (CDC)
- Health Resources and Services Administration (HRSA)
- Indian Health Service (HIS)
- National Institutes of Health (NIH)
U.S. Department of Housing & Urban Development (HUD)
U.S. Department of Justice
- Bureau of Justice Assistance (BJA)
- Office of Juvenile Justice and Delinquency Prevention (OJJDP)
- Office for Victims of Crime (OVC)
- Office of Community Oriented Policing Services (COPS)
- Office on Violence Against Women (OVW)
U.S. Department of Commerce
U.S. Small Business Administration
U.S. Department of Veteran Affairs
The Corporation for National & Community Service
- AmeriCorps VISTA
- AmeriCorps State Program
- Retired Seniors Volunteer Program
U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA)
- Loan Programs
- Renewable Energy for America (REAP) Programs
- U.S. Department of Homeland Security, Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA)
- National Science Foundation
- U.S. Administration of Children & Families
Office of Refugee Resettlement
- Dozens of State and Local Government Agencies